Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Writing A Book

     So recently I started writing a book.  I don't know what it's going to be called yet.  But I decided I would tell you guys about what I have written so far.  All I have is the prologue, but I think it's pretty good so far.  The prologue is about the main character, Kalie, who goes to visit her old abandoned house.  And as she's standing there, she has a flash back about when she was having a slumber party with her friends and remembering all the things they would do.
     But during this flash back she remembers that after one particular slumber party, her best friend got hit by a drunk driver and had to go to the hospital for months with very severe wounds all over her body.
     Kalie would visit her every chance she got and occasionally stay over night because she was getting too worried.  Most of the people who worked at the hospital got to know her pretty well.  Sometimes she would eat dinner at the hospital cafe because she went there as soon as she got home from school.
     After she snaps back to reality she is no longer in front of her house, but on the edge of the roof.  She hurriedly backs away from the edge.  Kalie then climbs through a window into the old broken down house.  She realizes her old room instantly.  There was an old dusty cabinet against the far wall.  And in one corner was her old bed, pink bedsheets and all.
     She walked over to it, wiped off the dust, and layed  down on the bed.   It was surprisingly soft and springy.  She got up after a few minutes and walked across the hall to her moms old room.  She was shocked, even a little terrified, to see that the room was perfectly clean and organized.  She heard someone coming and rushed into the closet and quietly shut the door.  A man wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans walked into the room.  He starts walking towards the closet and Kalie is frozen in fear.
     And that's the prologue.  I got the idea from a part in my friends prologue and kind of just built on it.  I am thinking that the book is going to start before all this happens, and then kind of build up to this point.  But I hope you guys liked it and I will see you in my next blog.  Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment